Thursday, February 24, 2011

Today's Class

Wow! Wasn't today's class great? So much information, I'm sure your head is spinning. Next week, one of our very talented master gardeners, Chris Shankar, will be teaching Garden Design. Chris owns her own garden design business and was also trained at the NYBG. When Ralph Snodsmith was on the radio, Chris would go on air with him every so often, to answer questions and talk about our MG events and demo garden tours.


The Hillside Garden at CCE
At some point next week, I'll also do a quick overview or orientation of what's in store for you when you 'graduate', how to record your hours, what counts as what, and all that fun stuff. I know you're anxious to begin volunteering, but that'll come soon enough! To help get you started 'thinking' about what you'd like to volunteer for, I'll be inviting MG's and staff to come during our lunch break to talk to you about what they're doing and how you can join their volunteer efforts. We usually do this on the last day, but we always run out of time.

I invited the mentors to the blog, so check in every so often to see what they're up to. Have a great weekend!
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or something to share with your classmates?