Friday, February 18, 2011

Yesterday's Class

I hope you found yesterday's class informative. Although Lori's presentation of Botany was different than those in the past couple of weeks, I personally thought the interactive format was helpful. I've taken Botany a number of times, and for me, the Q & A format helped me understand those concepts I've had trouble digesting in the past. Botany is a tough topic to teach in 2 hours... it's like trying to learn chemistry in 2 hours- not an easy task! What did you think?

We are all different in how we learn, some of us are visual learners, while others are kinesthetic or auditory learners. Some enjoy the traditional lecture format, while others need to see visual representation of the content. Getting the class up and moving is always a good thing, as long as time permits. It's important to remember this when you craft your presentations, to incorporate a teaching strategy that will accommodate all kinds of learners. While we urge you to get used to using PowerPoint for your project, you do not need to create a 20 minute PowerPoint to get your point across. Feel free to mix it up a bit, incorporate some slides, some interaction, maybe something hands-on. And if you need help trying to figure that part out, just holler!
Have a great weekend! Donna  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have a comment or something to share with your classmates?